3/25/2014 - 2014 State Convention - April 25-27, Capitol Plaza Hotel, Jefferson City, MO
- Below is the official information regarding this year's convention
- Convention Announcement letter from State Deputy Brad Grill
- Hotel Reservation information and form
- Reminder: Reservations are handled by mail only
- Phone reservations with Capitol Plaza and/or internet reservations are not available
- Delegates/Alternates and Mileage & Per-Diem Resolution General Information
- Council Action: Select your Delegates and Alternates, and mail them to the State Secretary by March 29
- Council Action: Vote on the Mileage and Per Deim resolution, and mail it to the State Secretary by March 29
- Submit your Council's Service Program Award Application by March 31
- Mail your Luncheon and Banquet reservations so they are received by April 15
- Mail your Council 12992 Steak Dinner reservation by April 24
- Ladies Auxiliary convention information letter to Auxiliary Presidents
- 2014-2015 Officer Election Biographies
- All offices are now submitted
12/14/2013 Founder's Day Membership Drive / Winter Meeting Recap
At the annual Mid-Year meetings, the new Founder's Day Membership drive was announced. The entire presentation can be found here: Founder's Day Drive. Here are some of the highlights:
- Theme: "In Service With Pope Francis and Father McGivney"
- All councils host a membership drive in March 2014
- Main weekend is March 15-16
- Exciting Special recruitment incentive
- Special membership drive training for District Deputy's and local council leadership in February
At the meetings, Supreme Membership and Program Consultant Tom Ciborski (phone 973-703-9520) presented a current state of what our membership intake for this year looks like, and what it will take for our state to reach its "goal" of 1650 members for 2013-2014. See his presentation here: State of Missouri Membership.
Tom also presented a mentoring program that is working in retaining our new members. It can be found here: Mentoring New Members
Supreme Director and Past State Deputy Mick Gilliam also made some very powerful remarks about who we are, and all are encouraged to use them during your membership drive: Mick's Remarks
12/5/2013 Cookbook for "Meet Life" - Update
To help fund the Meet Life Campaign, the State Council is offering the 2013 Missouri State Knights of Columbus Cookbook for sale.
We have sold around 1,300 cookbooks to date, with more being sold all the time. The total order was 2,000, so they are still for sale at $15 per book.
That means there is still time to get your hands on one before Christmas!!! For those attending the December DD Meetings at the Lake, we will be selling the extra's there!! Those already ordered will be available for pickup that weekend as well.
For more information on how to order your cookbook today, click here.
8/6/2013 - 8/8/2013 131st Annual Supreme Convention
2013 International Council Activity Award
Fr. Mathaushek Council 1576 Union, Missouri, Knights of Columbus Journey for Charity Tractor Cruise - John Jasper organized a 30-mile tractor cruise to collect provisions and funds for local food banks as part of the Knights of Columbus Food for Families initiative. His council and three other councils collaborated, and drew participation from 83 tractor drivers. In addition, they invited non-Catholics who wanted their tractors blessed and inactive members who wanted to join in the effort.
The result was 1,000 pounds of food collected and $19,000 donated, which was divided up between six food pantries throughout the Franklin County, Mo., area. Over 1,200 hours were contributed by members between the four councils.
Read about the 2012 Tractor Cruise, and the upcoming 2013 Tractor Cruise. Also click on Supreme Convention for more information.