Welcome to Church Activities!
"Supporting Our Faith, Nourishing Our Future"
Here you will find the many resources, activities, and programs that will help keep Catholicism alive and vibrant in Missouri.
Scroll down, or click on the menu items to the right for more information.
John Mautino, Director
Prayer For Vocations:
Heavenly Father, bless your Church with an abundance
of holy and zealous priests, deacons, brothers and
sisters. Give those you have called to the married state
and those you have chosen to live as single persons in
the world, the special graces that their lives require.
Form us all in the likeness of your Son so that in him,
with him and through him we may love you more deeply
and serve you more faithfully, always and everywhere.
With Mary we ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Welcome to Church Activities!
Vocations Are Everybody’s Business
Every Catholic is called to some vocation. Most are called to the vocation of marriage while some are called to live a single life; but there are some specially chosen ones who are called to various Religious Vocations. The Lord calls a select number of men to the Priesthood. He also calls certain men and women to Religious Vocations such as the Permanent Diaconate, Monastic life or to become a Bride of Christ as a Religious Sister. What can you and your council do to help those chosen ones who have received a Religious Vocation call to answer it?
- Awareness - Explain the meanings of the different vocations to everyone, but especially to young people.
- Encourage parents to promote Religious Vocations to their children
- Promote Diocesan Vocations programs such as Vocations Awareness Days
- Ask eligible persons if they have ever considered a Religious Vocation
- Prayer - Through God all things are possible. We just need to ask.
- Pray individually and as a Council for Religious Vocations Awareness. (Begin or end each Council meeting with the Prayer for Vocations - see below.)
- Action - How we can support those who want to explore their religious calling.
- Donate generously to the Religious Vocations Fund (The suggested donation for a council is $0.50 per member, but $1.00 per member would go even further in advancing our goals.
- Actively participate in the Adopt-a-Seminarian Porgram, and provide financial support through the RSVP Program.
- Partner with other lay organizations that provide support for vocations, such as Serra. Visit http://www.serraus.org for imformation about Serra Clubs in your area. Many Knights are members of Serra and can serve as useful resources.
Your Actions Today will Pay Great Dividends Tomorrow!
Your first step in promoting Religious Vocations is to name a Vocations Chairman for your Council, Auxiliary, or Assembly. Then make sure they contact the State Vocations Chairman who covers your Diocese from the list below. These Chairmen are committed to helping you promote Religious Vocations, as well as providing information on how you can support those from your Diocese in the process of discernment. They will also have information on many different Vocations programs specific to your Diocese.
St. Louis Archdiocese - Bob Hook
Kansas City / St. Joseph Diocese - Tony Tomasich
Once you have identified whom you will support, please use the Refund Support Vocations Program (RSVP) through Supreme. For every $500 donated to an individual Seminarian, Postulant or Novice, Supreme will send the Council or Assembly $100. (Consider sending in your $100 refund check to the Missouri Religious Vocations Fund!) Please remember to send a copy of your RSVP report to the Vocations Chairman for your Diocese. Let’s make a concerted effort in Missouri to make sure that ALL of our Seminarians are supported through this program.
Some councils make donations directly to Kenrick-Glennon in St. Louis or Conception Seminary College. PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THESE INSTITUTIONS! However, we ask that if you do make a donation directly to them, please send us a letter informing us of your donation. And when you send in your letter, please consider making at least a small donation to this fund which promotes Diocesan Vocations Programs throughout Missouri.
Another way you can contribute to the MRVF is through the purchase of Religious Items we have for sale. A complete list and order form is available on the state website www.mokofc.org
For donations to the Missouri Religious Vocations Fund and for Religious Items orders, please make checks payable to: “Columbian Charities” and send to:
Religious Vocations Fund
7145 Hwy. YY, Washington, MO 63090
Would you like to have a personalized Missouri Knights of Columbus license plate for your vehicle? A $25 donation (for 1 year) or $50 donation (for 2 years) is all it takes. This money goes into the MRVF, so not only will you be showing your pride in the Knights, but you will be helping out vocations as well!
To view a sample plate visit the Missouri Department of Revenue website at:
Click "Preview Specialty Plates"
"Select Design Category" --> "Organizational" "Knights of Columbus"
In the "Type in Configuration" box you may enter a possible personalized name.
Click "Submit" and an example of what the plate will look like will be shown.
To receive an “Emblem Use Authorization Statement” to take with you when your register your vehicle, please fill out and mail this application form along with your donation.