Marian Hour Devotion - The Supreme Council would like every council to hold a Marian Hour of Prayer Service this year. Here are the suggested steps involved in setting one up:
- Contact your council chaplain or pastor to schedule the prayer service.
- Pick a place to hold it (a church is preferred but you may use your council hall or meeting area).
- Select a date and time that is convenient for the chaplain and for most members.
- Plan a companion event (a breakfast, picnic, banquet, etc.) to be held in conjunction with the service.
- Promote your event through your council newsletter, parish bulletin, diocesan newspaper, etc.
- After holding your prayer service, please make a report on the event and send or email it to the Chairman Kurt Sommerhauser.
The Supreme office does provide a couple of icon displays per state that will help assist you. They also include Marian prayer books. You can find this information on the supreme website or contact Kurt or your Diocesan Chairman for details.