What is a Pilgrimage?
A pilgrimage is a journey to a sacred place undertaken as an act of religious devotion. Its purpose may be simply to venerate a certain saint or ask some spiritual favor; beg for physical cure or perform an act of penance; express thanks or fulfill a promise.
The Modern Catholic Dictionary
This years Pilgrimage is at the Shrine of St. Rose Philippine Duchesne in St. Charles, MO.
Knights of Columbus Family Pilgrimage - November 9, 2014
The Shrine and Tomb of St. Rose Philippine Duchesne
619 N. 2nd Street St. Charles, Mo. 63301 ~ On the campus of The Academy of the Sacred Heart Sunday, November 9, 2014.
Registration, donuts and morning beverages 8:30-9:30
Flag Raising Ceremony 9:45
Outdoor Stations of the Cross (weather permitting) 10:00
At 10:00 guided tours of the Shrine will begin. There will be tours beginning approximately every 15 minutes, as the size of the groups are limited. Sign up for a tour time at registration.
After Stations of the Cross, the Rosary will be prayed in the Chapel, approximately 10:45.
In the event of inclement weather the Rosary will begin at 10:00 in the Chapel, a short break, and then the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. (Tours will continue during these prayers.)
Celebration of Holy Mass, Celebrant, Worthy State Chaplain Fr. Paul Gins, O.S.M. - 12:00
Following Mass dinner will be served by St. Charles Council 823, at the K of C Hall, 20 Westbury Dr., St. Charles, 63301.
DIRECTIONS TO THE SHRINE (St. Charles, Mo.)
- From I-70 exit at 5th Street (Exits 229 A & B)
- North on 5th Street to Decatur Ave (first street past Clark), approx. 1.5 mi.
- Turn right on Decatur (at St. Charles Borromeo Church), to 4th St.
- Turn right on 4th St, entrance to the campus will be on the left (4th St is a one-way street southbound.)
- Follow sign indicating “Shrine”
- There are three parking areas
DIRECTIONS TO ST. CHARLES K of C HALL
- Exit Shrine parking onto Clark St.
- If exiting on 2nd St…turn right on 2nd, then turn right on Clark
- West on Clark to N. Kingshighway, approx. less than ½ mi.
- Turn left on Kingshighway to W. Clay, about 1 mi. (Kingshighway will become First Capitol Dr.)
- Turn right on W. Clay (after passing Lindenwood Univ.) to Westbury, about ¾ mi.
- Turn left on Westbury, K of C Hall will be on the left, at 20 Westbury Dr.
RETURN TO I-70
- Take Clay back to First Capitol Dr, turn right, First Capitol will intersect with I-70.
The pilgrimage will not only be for the Knights but for all of our Parishes to participate. This will be a great opportunity for our Honor Guard to be showcased and to provide a spiritual experience for all in attendance. Pilgrimage information will be available as soon as dates and locations are set. If you are interested in having a pilgrimage in your area, Contact Chairman Bob Elbert.
Religious Pilgrimage Chairman