What is a Pilgrimage?
A pilgrimage is a journey to a sacred place undertaken as an act of religious devotion. Its purpose may be simply to venerate a certain saint or ask some spiritual favor; beg for physical cure or perform an act of penance; express thanks or fulfill a promise.
The Modern Catholic Dictionary
This years Pilgrimage is at the Shrine of St. Rose Philippine Duchesne in St. Charles, MO.
Knights of Columbus Family Pilgrimage - November 9, 2014
The Shrine and Tomb of St. Rose Philippine Duchesne
619 N. 2nd Street St. Charles, Mo. 63301 ~ On the campus of The Academy of the Sacred Heart Sunday, November 9, 2014.
Registration, donuts and morning beverages 8:30-9:30
Flag Raising Ceremony 9:45
Outdoor Stations of the Cross (weather permitting) 10:00
At 10:00 guided tours of the Shrine will begin. There will be tours beginning approximately every 15 minutes, as the size of the groups are limited. Sign up for a tour time at registration.
After Stations of the Cross, the Rosary will be prayed in the Chapel, approximately 10:45.
In the event of inclement weather the Rosary will begin at 10:00 in the Chapel, a short break, and then the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. (Tours will continue during these prayers.)
Celebration of Holy Mass, Celebrant, Worthy State Chaplain Fr. Paul Gins, O.S.M. - 12:00
Following Mass dinner will be served by St. Charles Council 823, at the K of C Hall, 20 Westbury Dr., St. Charles, 63301.
. Or mail reservation and payment to 280 Deane Ct., Sunset Hills, Mo. 63127. Payment can be made at the door, but RSVP still required for meal count.
DIRECTIONS TO THE SHRINE (St. Charles, Mo.)
- From I-70 exit at 5th Street (Exits 229 A & B)
- North on 5th Street to Decatur Ave (first street past Clark), approx. 1.5 mi.
- Turn right on Decatur (at St. Charles Borromeo Church), to 4th St.
- Turn right on 4th St, entrance to the campus will be on the left (4th St is a one-way street southbound.)
- Follow sign indicating “Shrine”
- There are three parking areas
DIRECTIONS TO ST. CHARLES K of C HALL
- Exit Shrine parking onto Clark St.
- If exiting on 2nd St…turn right on 2nd, then turn right on Clark
- West on Clark to N. Kingshighway, approx. less than ½ mi.
- Turn left on Kingshighway to W. Clay, about 1 mi. (Kingshighway will become First Capitol Dr.)
- Turn right on W. Clay (after passing Lindenwood Univ.) to Westbury, about ¾ mi.
- Turn left on Westbury, K of C Hall will be on the left, at 20 Westbury Dr.
RETURN TO I-70
- Take Clay back to First Capitol Dr, turn right, First Capitol will intersect with I-70.
The pilgrimage will not only be for the Knights but for all of our Parishes to participate. This will be a great opportunity for our Honor Guard to be showcased and to provide a spiritual experience for all in attendance. Pilgrimage information will be available as soon as dates and locations are set. If you are interested in having a pilgrimage in your area, Contact Chairman Bob Elbert.
Religious Pilgrimage Chairman