GRAND KNIGHT’S CHECKLIST FOR THE 2014 DRIVE
- Appoint a Chairman for the Drive
- Contact State Developmental Disabilities Chairman (West or East) and report Council Chairman (including phone number and email address)
- Obtain permission and/or permits (if necessary) to collect from local business’ and cities
- Order Tootsie Rolls (deadline August 24) and aprons
- Send copy of Tootsie Roll order form to the State Community Director
- Arrange for promotion of your local drive through local media
- A sample News Release is included in the long detailed instructions below
- Recruit and assign members a place to collect (by September 29)
- Communicate with other councils in the area to maximize efforts
- Verify that everything is ready and participate in the Drive!
- Print out materials to hand out at the drive:
- Complete the Final Report form and send to the appropriate people.
January 1, 2015
- Deadline for Final Report and Money for the Awards handed out at convention.
GRAND KNIGHT’S CHECKLIST PDF (detailed instructions)