GRAND KNIGHT’S CHECKLIST FOR THE 2015 DRIVE
- Appoint a Chairman for the Drive
- Contact State Developmental Disabilities Chairman (West or East) and report Council Chairman (including phone number and email address)
- Obtain permission and/or permits (if necessary) to collect from local business’ and cities
- Order Tootsie Rolls (deadline August 24) and aprons
- Drive Chairmen, Grand Knight, and other key Council members should attend the Drive Kickoff Event in your area, District Deputies will have specific information on the time and place of the event
- Send copy of Tootsie Roll order form to the State Community Director
- Arrange for promotion of your local drive through local media
- A sample News Release is included in the long detailed instructions below
- Recruit and assign members a place to collect (by September 29)
- Contact Special Olympics or other local agencies for their support of your drive, including help at your collection locations
- Communicate with other councils in the area to maximize efforts
- Verify that everything is ready and participate in the Drive!
- Print out materials to hand out at the drive:
- Complete the Final Report form and send to the appropriate people.
January 1, 2015
- Deadline for Final Report and Money for the Awards handed out at convention.
Other useful information:
Remember - If you Fail to Plan, you Plan to Fail!
We are Called to Serve the Most Vulnerable