MEET LIFE CAMPAIGN
A Joint Initiative of the Missouri Knights of Columbus, Vitae Foundation, In His Image Ultrasound, and local pregnancy resource centers to Reduce Missouri Abortion Numbers One-Half by the End 0f 2016.
On July 16,2011, the Missouri State Council Knights of Columbus announced the establishment of their "Meet Life" campaign. The goal of the campaign is to reduce the number of abortions performed in the State of Missouri by 50% by the end of the year 2016. This campaign will be a coordinated effort led by the Knights of Columbus and will include Vitae Foundation, In His Image Ultrasound, and local pregnancy resource centers.
The "Meet Life" campaign is an outgrowth of the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council's Ultrasound Initiative, which provides matching funds to local Councils to enable them to purchase state of the art ultrasound machines for Pregnancy Resource Centers. The Meet Life Campaign shall follow all guidelines established by the Supreme Council, while fulfilling its intention of providing a free ultrasound screening to all abortion minded women.
Steps to Accomplish the Goal:
- Place an ultrasound machine in every pregnancy resource center in the state that can meet the criteria for such placement.
- Create a marketing plan that brings abortion minded women to the pregnancy resource centers.
- Utilize the resources available to assist the pregnancy resource centers in their staff development.
- Determine areas in the state of Missouri that are under served or not served by pregnancy resource centers.
- Create a plan to meet those needs.
- Raise $2,000,000 and supplement that through local giving and matching funds.
- Work with the Councils and Auxiliaries to create long lasting relationships with their local pregnancy resource centers.
- Create a 10-year/ongoing plan to further eliminate abortion in the state of Missouri.
So, how are we progressing towards this amazing goal?
Click to view your Council's participation as of March 18, 2013
The mission of the "Meet Life" campaign is to reduce abortions in Missouri through the placement of ultrasound technology in local Pregnancy Centers along with mass media advertising to direct women to those centers. These efforts would provide opportunities for mothers experiencing unplanned pregnancies to bond with their unborn babies and encourage them to carry their babies to term.
Edward Spence, Crusade For Life Chairman
Lou Holtmann, Meet Life Chairman