Scholarships Awarded by the Missouri State Council
The Missouri State Council awards a total of eleven (11) scholarships each year. Each scholarship has an annual award of $1000, payable in installments of $500 per semester. The scholarships are designated in the following categories:
- Four (4) LUKE E. HART MEMORIAL Scholarships. The recipients MUST attend one of the branches of the University of Missouri - Columbia, St. Louis, Rolla, or Kansas City. If fewer than four qualified applicants apply, then these scholarships may be awarded as specified for Missouri State Scholarships.
- Three (3) MISSOURI STATE Scholarships. The recipients may attend any accredited University, College, or Technical School; beyond High School Level.
- One (1) CARDINAL BERNARD F. LAW Scholarship. The recipient may attend any accredited seminary of their choice studying for a vocation to the religious life.
- Two (2) VOCATION Scholarships. The recipients may attend any accredited seminary or college of their choice to study for a vocation to the religious life. If no applications are received from applicants desiring to study for a vocation to the priesthood or to serve in a religious community, then these scholarships may be awarded to other applicants with preference given to those attending Catholic institutions.
- One (1) Tech School Scholarship. The recipient may attend any accredited Technical School. These are normally two-year programs.
To be eligible for the Hart and Missouri State or Tech School scholarships, the applicant MUST be:
- A member of the Knights of Columbus
- OR The son, daughter, or wife of a member of the Knights of Columbus
- OR The son, daughter, or non-remarried wife of a deceased member of the Knights of Columbus
- OR a member of a Ladies Auxiliary of a Missouri Knights Council
- OR A Squire or Columbus Girl in good standing, attested to by the Chief Counselor and GK
- OR A minor child whose LEGAL GUARDIAN is a member of the Knights of Columbus.
The applicant must obtain the certification of the Grand Knight OR the Financial Secretary of the local Council to verify membership. Member is defined as a member in good standing of a Council within Missouri.
Applicants for the Cardinal Law or Vocations scholarships must be approved by one of the Missouri Dioceses or by a religious order located in Missouri. NOTE: The membership requirements do NOT apply for Vocations applicants.
Scholarship winners are selected on the basis of Catholic citizenship, community service, scholarship, and financial need. The recipients are selected by a Committee of the Knights of Columbus as appointed by the State Deputy. All scholarships are for Missouri residents. Payments are made directly to the institution AFTER proof of successful enrollment in good standing is provided to the Scholarship Committee.
Completed applications using only the 2015-2016 application form (when available), and required certification forms, must be postmarked no later than FEBRUARY 15, 2016 in order to be considered.
Application and Information:
Click here to download and print the Scholarship Application Form.
Click here to download and print the list, rules, and deadline
Click here for a helpful Letter to School Counselors about the application.
Printed, Completed, Signed Applications should be mailed to:
1904 Pine Street
Higginsville, MO 64037
D-816-483-1177 x2210 N-660-584-7234
Additional scholarship information: http://www.jymiller.net/kcship.html
2015 Scholarship Winners
2014 Scholarship winners
2013 Scholarship winners
2012 Scholarship winners
2011 Scholarship winners
Scholarships and Graduate Fellowships Awarded by the Supreme Council
PRO DEO and PRO PATRIA Scholarships:
Sixty-two (62) scholarships for undergraduate studies in the amount of $1500 are awarded in this program to members and the sons or daughters of a member or deceased member. Ten (10) of these scholarships are awarded for studies at the Catholic University of America and forty-eight (48) are awarded for studies at any Catholic College of the student’s choice in the U.S., Mexico, Puerto Rico, or the Philippines. Four (4) additional scholarships are awarded annually to members of the Columbian Squires.
These fellowships are established for work in the fields offered in the graduate school of the Catholic University of America. The fellowships cover tuition, room, and board and may be renewed annually up to three years. Detailed information on these programs is available in the Financial Aid To Education pamphlet #951 or by writing directly to: Director of Scholarship Aid, P.O. Box 1670, New Haven, CT 06507.
For more information, visit the Supreme Council scholarships page: http://www.kofc.org/scholarships