AWARD CRITERIA FOR NOMINEES
1. Eligibility: Must be the son or daughter of a Knight/Lady in good standing or be a Squire or Columbus Girl.
2. Age: The participants must be under the age of 18. The student must be of good academic standing in either a public or private school.
3. Catholic Activities: The nominee must be a practicing Catholic in good standing. The nominee should be of good moral standing and participate actively in parish or diocese activities supporting the Catholic Church. This may include such activities as participation as an alter server, babysitting during mass, service during fundraising activities, participation in retreats, etc.
4. Community Activities: The nominee must participate in community charitable or service activities. This can include working with charities such as St. Vincent DePaul, Goodwill, Meals on Wheels, etc. The nominee can also participate in individual activities such as aiding the elderly, aiding the sick, aiding persons who are confined to home or tutoring.
5. School Activities: The nominee should also be active in some extracurricular school activities. This can include sports, music, theater, special interest clubs, etc.
by the deadline for each applicable award period.
7. Award: The award periods and deadlines are: Jul/Aug due prior to July 1; Sep/Oct due prior to Sep 1; Nov/Dec due prior to Nov 1; Jan/Feb due prior to Jan 1; Mar/Apr due prior to Mar 1 and May/Jun due prior to May 1. The Youth of the Month recipients will receive a certificate during presentation of the award. A State Youth of the Year will be selected from the six State Youth of the Month recipients (May/Jun through Mar/Apr) and will be presented at the State Convention held in April.
Youth of the Month Nomination Form :